Simply Social Ravinia Park with Maxwell!
**This page will be updated with final plans at the time that the payment link is posted.**
THE MISSION: Ravinia Park's outdoor concert venue is a spot that must be visited at least once each season. The parkgrounds are absolutely beautiful and nothing beats a lazy summer afternoon, turned to balmy evening under the stars, sprawled out on a blanket. So, we're going to head out there together, simply to socialize!
THE CONCERT: Maxell!
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 4:30pm - Midnight.
THE BASICS: We'll meet in the lobby of the Ogilvie train station for a train-gate pre-party, where you'll pick up your concert tickets, wristbands, a glass of wine and meet your fellow Sophisticates! Then it's ALL ABOARD Soleil's Party Train where we'll polish off any remaining wine during our 30 minute ride to Ravinia. At Ravinia, enjoy catered lunch, dessert and wine and a good ol' time!
TRANSPORTATION: Up to 135 people will be able to join the Soleil's Party Train – our own car on the 4:35pm Metra train from Ogilvie Station (Madison & Canal) to Ravinia Park. We return at 11:58pm!
PARKING: Discounted parking is available with Systems Parking for those boarding the Party Train at the Ogilvie Station. The garage is just north of Randolph and may be entered via Clinton or Canal. Mention "Simply Social" for $10 discounted parking. Car pool so you can milk that $10 for all it's worth!
Soleil's Party Train: Wine and snacks (TBD).
Sandwiches (served with kettle chips):
- Grilled Sirloin, with Boursin cheese and caramelized onion jam on grilled rosemary
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, marinated char-grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, vine ripe tomatoes and lemon aioli on ciabatta
- Veggie Club, pickled cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, fennel, sliced local tomatoes, avocado aioli and provolone cheese served on a whole-wheat baguette
- Ravinia Festival Salad - Summer greens with raspberries, strawberries, mango, blue cheese and candied walnuts in a citrus vinaigrette
- Baby Spinach Market Salad Dried figs, shaved fennel, candied pecans and baby spinach with a white balsamic vinaigrette
Desserts - TBD
* We'll be at Ravinia for a little over six hours, so you may want to bring snacks for later in the evening, libations and water. Ample concession stands are also available at reasonable prices.
Party Train, Concert & Picnic: $85
Concert & Picnic Only: $75
Party Train & Picnic Only: $45
ATTIRE: Red or orange is preferred (for a beautiful photo op!).
CHILDREN: Children are welcome on the Party Train and welcome to join us on the Ravinia lawn as long as you can (1) control them; (2) keep their little fingers out of other people's food; and/or (3) lock them down in baby seat or other restrictive device. LOL! You are also welcome to pack one of those snack-pack thingys for your kids and keep them out of grown folks' food, in which case, you can buy a $5 children's ticket directly through Ravinia and they can ride the Party Train for free.
REFUNDS: Your payment is NONREFUNDABLE, but is transferable.
See answers to more FAQs.